Question

Connect, MD tape out and pre amp

• 17 November 2016
  • 2 replies

I'm thinking about setting up a Sonos network, and wanted to make sure I have this right.

I presently have a Denon AVR-1700 receiver hooked up to a Bose pre-amp through the MD/Tape output, so that I can use the Bose 901 speakers I have. The RCA cables go to and from the pre-Amp via RCA. Other inputs to the receiver include a turntable (via RCA) and the television (via optical).

It's my understanding that from the pre-amp I can link the Sonos Connect in via RCA, and then throw the signal back to the receiver via digital out on the Connect. I believe anything on the receiver (television, turntable, etc...) could then be transmitted to Play 1 speakers in other zones. Is this correct? Will there be a delay?

Pretty confusing (at least for me), so I appreciate any help. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Digital out to receiver to play Sonos to any speakers hooked to receiver. Analog out to pre amp. RCA in from md Rex out to connect to play any devices hooked to receiver to Sonos anywhere in house.
And yes there will be a 70ms delay on the Connect's line-in.