Question

Connect four (small) speaker to a Connect:Amp (Gen 2)

• 2 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Dear all,

This weekend, I bought my ‘dream spreakes’ (Scandyna SmallPod passive speakers) second-hand. A bose amplifier (Bose SoundTouch SA-4) was part of the deal, but I already own a Sonos Connect:AMP (Gen 2, because it's S2-compatible). Because I already miss the ‘Sonos-environment’, I’m curious to know if these four (small) speakers (specifications below) can be connected (simultaneously) to my Sonos amplifier. I've already read a lot online, but I can seem to figure it out. A small side note; I don't put the volume high, I live in a small (noisy) apartment thus only play - low volume - background music. I hope you can help me!

The specifications of the spreakers (I really don't no if these are the specifications for just one speaker, or for two - stereo - speakers together):

System 2-way, bassreflex
Applications Hi-Fi stereo, AV-Home Theatre systems
Amplifier requirement 10 - 100Watt RMS
Nominal impedance 4 Ω
Frequency response 60 - 25.000 Hz ( ± 3dB )
Sensitivity 89dB spl ( 2.83V / 1m )

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @RiesBr, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos community. We really appreciate your time and effort in bringing this concern to us. Let me help you with this.

The Sonos Connect Amp works with traditional 8-ohm bookshelf speakers as well as pairs of 6 or 4-ohm speakers, wired in parallel. We recommend using a speaker wire gauge between 12 and 16. Runs over 300ft are not recommended. 

You can check out this article about connecting four speakers to your Sonos Connect Amp to guide you through.

Let me know if you have any questions about this. The Sonos Community is always here to help.