Answered

Connect and Connecr Amp

• 23 April 2018
  • 1 reply

My dealer said I can use the rear channel output of my cinema amp to push the rear signal to my Conneect and then to y connect amp , powering my rear speakers...
It doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions ??
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 April 2018, 16:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You should be able to send a line level signal to the CONNECT which would then be carried to the CONNECT:AMP that powers your rear speakers.

There's a lot to unpack there, though. First, it needs to be a line level input to the CONNECT. It can't be a speaker level (adjustable by volume....well, it can, but things get pretty finicky as soon as you start adjusting the volume on your amp, so please don't go there). At this point, the CONNECT just considers it a stereo signal to carry across to any Sonos device.

Next, there will me at least a 70ms delay while the Sonos translates the signal from analog to digital, and buffers it to send across the Sonos network. This would, for me, make this a non starter. That delay in the surround speakers would drive me crazy, but your mileage may vary.

I think the first thing I'd do in your case is try to ignore the surround aspect, and connect the CONNECT to a regular tape output first. Then you can test more easily that the Sonos setup works properly, before switching the input to the surrounds output from your amp.

To be honest, i would not do this myself. But theoretically, there's nothing that should stop you. It's just a matter of making sure that the input to the CONNECT is appropriate.