Answered

Connect analog line-out keeps dropping out

• 17 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
I have a Connect that I have been using for many years to allow me to use my Turntable. The turntable is connected, via a pre-amp, to the analog line-in of the Connect and this set up works brilliantly. Recently I purchased a sound bar for under my TV. So that I could include this as part of my Sonos network I hooked up the sound bar to the Connect to the analog line-out of the Connect. This worked fine for a couple of weeks but now the audio keeps dropping out. It is mostly random but the sound bar will get a signal for about 5 to 10 seconds then it will drop out for a while and then come back again for another few seconds. No amount of playing with the connections will get it to maintain a signal.

I have checked the cable in multiple ways. First I switched it over to the analog line-in and connected my phone to the other end and was able to play music without problem around the network. Then I tried another cable and connected my phone to the sound bar and again was able to play music without a problem. So, given that the cable and sound bar test OK, does this mean that the analog line-out of the Connect is broken (i.e. has a loose connection)?

Is it possible to get inside to have a look? How do I get it looked at and repaired if need be. I am based in Paris France.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 21 March 2018, 20:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Astro64. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. While it is possible that the outputs could have a problem, could you test the output of the CONNECT with another set of speakers or device? Additionally, I'd like to see a diagnostic report to make sure the dropouts aren't from something "before" the outputs. Please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end. Thanks in advance!
Badge
Hi there Keith
I received support via Twitter on Saturday. I tried an number of options.
1. My phone to the analogue input of the soundbar works fine.
2. Optical out from Connect to soundbar works fine.
3. Analogue cable tests fine (switch cable to Connect input and played audio from my phone)
4. With different cable I looped from Connect output to Connect input and played on other Sonos in my network and the audio kept cutting out, as it does when connected to soundbar.

From this I determine that the cable I am using is good. The issue is only with the RCA connectors of the analog audio out of the Connect.

A ticket was raised and I was requested to call tech support here in France to take this further however the problem is that tech support is only open between 10am and 6pm on weekdays when I am at work. Even if I did, my French is not that good so I suspect that there would be a communication issue. Really at a loss now as to where to go from here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Understood. I was able to pull up your ticket and saw that you have been in touch with Gregorie B. The team will look at the options available to reach out to you directly and reply to your last email. Thank you for your patience!