Question

Connect Amp with 4 speakers

• 3 May 2017
  • 2 replies

I'm new to the Sonos community and require some assistance. We are currently in the electrical phase of our new home construction. I have purchased multiple Connect amps for multiple zones, however, I want to run two pairs of speakers (master bathroom and master bedroom) to a single Connect Amp. I've found articles on wiring two pairs of speakers but can't find information on how to switch one set off and leave the other set on. At times I would like to have both pairs on but also have the ability to shut off one set in either the bathroom or bedroom. Truly hoping that someone would be able to assist me. Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Google "impedance managed speaker switch' or 'impedance matched speaker selector' or some similar combination of those words. You cannot do this via the C:A alone.
Badge
I have a similar setup with my Sonos Connect that feeds into zone 2 of my Onkyo amp. There is a good guide for this in the support area https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/269/~/connecting-speakers-to-a-connect%3Aamp. I also think the impedance matched speaker selector could work well but have not personally tried it.