Question

Connect Amp will not turn on

• 6 May 2014
  • 5 replies

I have a Connect Amp that was working fine, unplugged it to move it to another location. Now it will not turn on, no lights on front.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Mark,

If you are not getting any lights on the device, I'd recommend plugging it into a different outlet or trying to re-seat the power cord by unplugging from both the back of the CONNECT:AMP and the wall.

If you have another similar unit, you can use that power cord to see if may be a faulty power cord.

Please let us know if you run into further issue with this, if you do, it may point to an issue with the device itself. If it still does not respond, please contact us and we'll be able to assist you further.

Same exact problem. I just unplugged my Sonos Connect: AMP and plugged it back in. No lights! Tried using another working outlet, and no luck. I tried the above recommendation and used the power supply from my Sonos Play 5 speaker and still no luck. Funny thing is that it happened to all 4 Sonos Connect: AMPs that I unplugged. Seriously hoping I don't have 4 dead AMPs. They were all working just fine before I unplugged them. Mark, did you ever get any resolution on this issue?
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Same exact problem. I just unplugged my Sonos Connect: AMP and plugged it back in. No lights! Tried using another working outlet, and no luck. I tried the above recommendation and used the power supply from my Sonos Play 5 speaker and still no luck. Funny thing is that it happened to all 4 Sonos Connect: AMPs that I unplugged. Seriously hoping I don't have 4 dead AMPs. They were all working just fine before I unplugged them. Mark, did you ever get any resolution on this issue?
Hello Avneesh, 

It looks like you reached out to our Customer Care team and they were able to help you out with your unit's. If you have any further questions please respond to the email thread and they will be happy to assist you. 

Cheers.
I know this is an old thread. But have just had the exact same problem. 2 Connect Amps have just turned themselves off with no lights at all when I unplugged them???? Any help please.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Darned shame you hung your post here on a three year old topic instead of starting your own... Anyway:

Do you have other Sonos devices that still work? Send Sonos a diagnostic from them and then contact them to see if they can see anything from it.

No other Sonos gear, then contact Sonos via phone tomorrow or Twitter anytime.