Question

Connect Amp will not connect or factory rest

• 9 January 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I have a connect amp which has dropped off my network. I attempted to reboot this a few times and although hardwired to my network it does not reappear in the list of players, nor does it appear to obtain an ip address from the router.

After a few attempts at simple reboots by switching off, disconnecting power for 30 seconds and then turning it back on, I decided to try a hard reset. When I hold down the mute button and reapply power, the unit flashes white/orange about five times and then returns to solid white. It does not appear to perform the full reset or go to flashing green at any point.

Ive tried doing a factory rest both with and without speakers connected, and with/without LAN cable connected.

Am I looking at having to replace this amp?

Any help much appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I am having the same issue but using LAN cabling. I can ping it & bring up the status etc but cannot add it.

Do you have the CONNECT:AMP wired directly to the main router or a different device like a network switch? Mind submitting a diagnostic from your Sonos system and replying back with your confirmation number?

I am having the same problem. How do you make out? Can't get through on the phone.

Are you having an issue with the CONNECT:AMP when it's wireless, wired, or both? When the CONNECT:AMP does not appear as part of the household, if you press the play/pause button does the LED stay solid white or flash orange?
I am having the same problem. How do you make out? Can't get through on the phone.
I am having the same issue but using LAN cabling. I can ping it & bring up the status etc but cannot add it.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Thank you. I thought this may be the case, just thought it worth while trying the community pages first in case its something seen before and there is an easy fix available.
If it won't factory reset it's not well at all. You should contact Sonos Support directly.