Question

Connect Amp will not connect or factory rest

• 9 January 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I have a connect amp which has dropped off my network. I attempted to reboot this a few times and although hardwired to my network it does not reappear in the list of players, nor does it appear to obtain an ip address from the router.

After a few attempts at simple reboots by switching off, disconnecting power for 30 seconds and then turning it back on, I decided to try a hard reset. When I hold down the mute button and reapply power, the unit flashes white/orange about five times and then returns to solid white. It does not appear to perform the full reset or go to flashing green at any point.

Ive tried doing a factory rest both with and without speakers connected, and with/without LAN cable connected.

Am I looking at having to replace this amp?

Any help much appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

If it won't factory reset it's not well at all. You should contact Sonos Support directly.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Thank you. I thought this may be the case, just thought it worth while trying the community pages first in case its something seen before and there is an easy fix available.
I am having the same issue but using LAN cabling. I can ping it & bring up the status etc but cannot add it.
I am having the same problem. How do you make out? Can't get through on the phone.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I am having the same issue but using LAN cabling. I can ping it & bring up the status etc but cannot add it.

Do you have the CONNECT:AMP wired directly to the main router or a different device like a network switch? Mind submitting a diagnostic from your Sonos system and replying back with your confirmation number?

I am having the same problem. How do you make out? Can't get through on the phone.

Are you having an issue with the CONNECT:AMP when it's wireless, wired, or both? When the CONNECT:AMP does not appear as part of the household, if you press the play/pause button does the LED stay solid white or flash orange?