Connect Amp to power 4 Bose 251 speakers

• 13 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I want to connect 4 speakers BOSE 251 to one Sonos Connect:Amp (2014)
Is this possible?, Is there any trouble?, I read mixed answers and I want to be sure that I will not have issues.
Thanks!

Bose 251 Specification:
 Outdoor speakers
 RMS rating – 10-200 watts per channel
 Power consumption – 100 watts
 Impedance – 4-8 ohms

Sonos Connect:Amp Specification:
Amplifier Class-D
Rated Output 110W RMS (2x55W continuous average power into 8 ohms, THD+N

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Jakkov-

This will work if you don't run it loud... but as outdoor speakers, running outdoors you're going to want to crank it up most likely. The Connect Amp is probably protected from overheating, but go gentle. The new Sonos AMP has the power and low impedance drive to be a much better match for this situation. But you'll have to wait as its not out yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The 4 to 8 Ohms may be low enough to put the Connect Amp into protection with four speakers connected, if it does an impedance matching unit should be able to correct that.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
You can use a Niles SSVC-2 connected to the Connect Amp (I three connect amps, each with a Niles so that each runs two sets of speakers). I just ordered the new Amp to replace the Connect Amp that runs a pair of 251s outside and Klipsch 650 inside.