Answered

Connect Amp - Stream to other rooms

• 16 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I'm planning to purchase a CONNECT:AMP to power some outside speakers, and I noticed it has audio INPUT. If I connect a device to this such as a CD player or turn table, can I then stream this input throughout the whole Sonos system (I have 3 different rooms connected) or only to the speakers connected to the amp?

Thanks in advance!
JD
icon

Best answer by Kumar 16 October 2016, 07:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Yes, you can stream it to any or all of your Sonos system. A turntable would need a phono amp to boost the signal to the line level input that the Connect Amp has.
Thanks Kumar, that's great news! Now I just need to pick my outside speakers!
Good for you. Note though that many find that CD players end up being rarely used once Sonos is in. My turntable was rarely used even before Sonos, but I had little vinyl that wasn't also available in digital form. Something to keep in mind before buying either bit of kit, if that is what you also plan to do.
Good for you. Note though that many find that CD players end up being rarely used once Sonos is in. My turntable was rarely used even before Sonos, but I had little vinyl that wasn't also available in digital form. Something to keep in mind before buying either bit of kit, if that is what you also plan to do.

Thanks Kumar, I'm already well into Sonos (Playbar, Sub, 4 x Play 1's, etc), and haven't played a CD in ages but we would like to connect some decks up for when we have parties. The plan is too buy a connect amp and some outside speakers, then either another couple of speakers (either 2x Play 1 or 2 x Play 3's) for other rooms of the house.