Question

Connect:amp & Receiver

• 7 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Can a Receiver be connected to Connect:amp

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Yes. However, without knowing what you're trying to accomplish, it may not be useful to you in anyway.
I talked with sales support and they confirmed - yes. I have a Receiver that I'm only playing CDs with. For the moment, I want to leave that all in place - thus, needing to know if I can use the amp with Receiver. Sales answer was to use the amp Line-In function and attach speakers to amp as well. In near future when all CDs are ripped, I can clear out the cabinet of all receivers and CD player and just use the amp with wired speakers. I started with the plain Connect, but realized quickly that I could never get rid of Receiver/CD Player - even if all CDs were ripped.
That is correct. However, if you don't have any speakers connected to your receiver, and the only input on the receiver is the CD player, you can just have the CD player directly connected to the CONNECT:AMP. The receiver isn't really adding any value in that scenario.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes just hook the CD player to connect amp and ditch the receiver
The only reason to keep the receiver would be if your sound levels/speaker needs are such that these need a powerful amp - as in 100 wpc+ into 8 ohms compared to the Connect Amp's 55wpc, and the receiver has such an amp.