Question

Connect Amp Rear Surrounds wont work.

• 25 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I have gone through the setup process which was cumbersome as the connect amp and speaker wires all home run to a closet downstairs.  So I got a 50’ ethernet cable and direct connected the connect Amp to the playbar in the family room below the TV.  I set up the surrounds and they worked.

I unplugged the 50ft ethernet cable however the Playbar and the Connect Amp are still both hard wired connected to ethernet and the same router.  When I unplug the 50ft ethernet cable the surrounds turn off even though I set it up as instructed and both the playbar and the connect amp in the closet are hard wired to ethernet.

I have done this from scratch 5 times to make sure I am not doing anything wrong  Certainly there has to be a solution other than having a 50 ft cord from the closet to the family room

Any suggestions on what to do to make these work as surrounds given my configuration?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @rewolpert2.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to help you out by sharing some information that might help on how to set up your Sonos Home theater set up.

Allow me to share with you the guide about how to set up Connect:Amp as surround speakers so we can better understand how to set them up and make them work.

Here is an important information to consider when setting up the Sonos Connect Amp as surrounds to your Sonos Playbar.

Wire your Connect:Amp and home theater speaker

Your home theater speaker and Connect:Amp must be wired in one of the following configurations:

• Both the Sonos home theater speaker and Connect:Amp are wired to the router with an Ethernet cable.

• The Sonos home theater speaker is wired to the Connect:Amp with an Ethernet cable and another Sonos product is wired to the router.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks,