Answered

Connect:amp power

• 4 September 2017
  • 10 replies

New connect:amp problem - I just bought it brand new and it doesn't turn on. Plug it in and nothing, no light. I tried both wattage options also - any ideas?
icon

Best answer by RO53BEN 4 September 2017, 16:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

If you tried both wattage options, you may have fried it. I would return it for another.
Any idea why it would have never turned on in the start anyway? Sonos is pretty easy. Plug in and it's on with the speakers I have. If you tried both wattage options, you may have fried it. I would return it for another.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Sounds like you had the power selector in the wrong place the first time you tried to turn it on.
Badge +20
bugger!
Sounds like you had the power selector in the wrong place the first time you tried to turn it on. there's only two options. 115 and 230 I believe. I had it on 115 First. Regular outlet...
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Highly unlikely a US power outlet could blow a EU configured unit, perhaps the unit was DOA. Perhaps try a different power cable.
Highly unlikely a US power outlet could blow a EU configured unit, perhaps the unit was DOA. Perhaps try a different power cable. this was my thought. Not sure what other cord I have that matches. But I'll look. Thanks
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Most AV kit will use a similar figure 8 power plug - like a DVD player.
Awesome thank you. I'll try it!
Badge
Hello,
If your in a 230-240v country, DO NOT use the 110-115v switch, this will blow the amplifier power supply, I haven’t had the reverse problem, 230-240v switch in a 110-115v country, I suspect should be the same problems as well. If your unit is still not working, take it back to the place of purchase and get them to check it, if this is a brand new unit, they should be able to swap it over as it was a DOA product. The other thing to check is the socket, I have came across faulty power boards/point sockets, sometimes the sockets are loose or not aligned 100% and may not make full contact with your pins. Try a different outlet or board