Connect:Amp, amber lights on solid

• 26 December 2017
  • 6 replies

I have 2 connectAmps with solid amber fault lights. See diagnostic 8274178.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Im having the same problem moved them from one house to another and now they going from flashing white to yellow when i try to re add them to system

Hi Drew1836

By our post I'm not sure if you mean they are flashing alternate white and orange or solid orange. In any event read through the information in the link. If you can't resolve your issue then I suggest you submit a diagnostic, post the reference ID in this forum and call Sonos Tech support.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/226#Flashing_Orange

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, Gfein001. Thanks for posting and for the diagnostic report. I see we have a total of 5 CONNECT:AMPs. Typically, a solid amber/orange light means the device is overheating. I was unable to see any errors that say the units are in fact overheating. Are these devices running hot? Where are they located?

Additionally, here is some more information about the LED lights and what each means.
Hi Keith,

Yes that is correct there are 5 Connect:Amps in my system currently. These two are in an AV cabinet that is open in back and the cabinet is actively vented with fans as well as I had two spare device fans from Middle Atlantic that I put on each Connect:Amp displaying this condition. There is a third Connect:Amp in this same cabinet without this issue.

They are lukewarm, but not hot, to the touch. These are assigned to speakers in my patio and master bath respectively so they get very infrequent usage. The warning light has remained on the past three days and these items have had zero usage.

Appreciate any other suggestions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Understood. If you unplug the units from power and plug them back in after a few minutes, do they flash white and then go to solid amber or do they boot straight to solid amber?
Badge +1
Im having the same problem moved them from one house to another and now they going from flashing white to yellow when i try to re add them to system
Badge +1
thank you i will