Answered

Connect Amp able to connect 3 pairs on Sonos in ceiling speakers

• 11 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi I am building a new house and I am wanting to put multiple in-ceiling speakers in the house. I just want to clarify that if I were to purchase the Sonos in ceiling speakers, I would be able to power 3 pairs of speakers with 1 connect amp? Our original plan was to buy Polk speakers and use the Sonos Connect amp to power 2 pairs of speakers at a time but if it is possible to power 3 pair's of Sonos speakers with 1 Connect amp I would prefer to purchase the new Sono's in ceiling speakers instead. Can you let me know how well the Connect amp works powering 3 Sonos speakers. We were going to do 12 speakers with 3 zones but if I could so 12 Sono's speakers with 2 zones I would prefer that.
icon

Best answer by buzz 11 March 2019, 02:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

In any case, you will want to be able to individually adjust room Volume. If you install an “impedance matching” control in each room, you can configure them to allow connecting three pairs of speakers to AMP. I recommend a “home run” wire from each control to its AMP. Speakers are wired to their room’s Volume control. Typically, all of the AMP’s would be located in the same spot, but this is not required with a SONOS system. In any case I recommend providing a network connection for each AMP.

—-

Since this is new construction, I recommend installing network jacks in each room — similar to how you will install power outlets everywhere. Wired is always faster and more reliable than wireless. For TV and computer work station locations, also pull an optical fiber to a service location where the network equipment will be installed. In the short term the fiber will be “dark”, but you’ll be glad to have it in place as speeds bury copper wire in the dust of obsolete technology. For example, supporting an 8K TV will be very difficult with wires longer than a few feet. Also, pull network wires to locations where you will want wireless access points. Ceiling locations are the most effective, but there are other options too.