Answered

Connect

• 9 June 2020
  • 8 replies

How do I find out if my Connect is Gen 1 or Gen 2? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 9 June 2020, 20:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

One way is to look at your system as reported in SONOS. If the Connect is not in your system, I think all Gen 1’s have a blue rubber bottom whereas the Gen 2’s have a grey bottom.

Log in to https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/system/households/devices/ and see your devices listed. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Log in to https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/system/households/devices/ and see your devices listed. 

Right… But you might be purchasing on ebay say in which case you need something more practical to assess.

Right… But you might be purchasing on ebay say in which case you need something more practical to assess.

First 4 digits of the serial number are the YYMM of the manufacture date.  Anything 2016 and newer is Gen 2.  In fact, anecdotal evidence says the cutoff was 1502, or Feb. 2015.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

First 4 digits of the serial number are the YYMM of the manufacture date.  Anything 2016 and newer is Gen 2.  In fact, anecdotal evidence says the cutoff was 1502, or Feb. 2015.  

Well, some playbars are older...

So what?  We are talking about the Connect units, as specified in the original post and title of the thread.  We already know all Playbards are S2 compatible.  

Muchas Gracias por la respuesta Miguelito!! 

Thanks Miguelito! 👍👍