connect

• 30 March 2020
  • 4 replies

I have Sony receiver and a connect and 1 Sonos 1. Even when switching the connect to variable and slide that volume up and down it won’t control the speaker? I have them grouped

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Deleted. Wong answer. Let me re read your question, sorry.

Ok, I completely misread that. Changing the room volume for the Sonos One (or PLAY:1, there is no Sonos 1), it will only control the Sonos, and not change the output to your Sony receiver. 

On the app I can control the speaker volume. But was thinking if I turn the volume up on down on the connect it would control the speaker. And I do have the connect set to variable. And I tried setting it to fixed to have the receiver to control the speaker and that. Dosent work either

On the app I can control the speaker volume. But was thinking if I turn the volume up on down on the connect it would control the speaker. 

You mean the physical buttons on the Connect? Those only control the volume on the local device.

(The playback control actions -- play/pause/etc -- obviously work on the group as a whole.)