Question

Connect

• 28 November 2016
  • 10 replies

Badge
Using connect to add a room

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Badge
Some help please. I have a play 5 gen 2 and a sub in the dining room which I love. In the living room I have a home cinema setup consisting of an amp, sub and satellite speakers. If I purchased a connect could I use this to create a room that so I could either play same music in both rooms or different at same time??
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes correct

You can play the same music to that system as the Dining Room. You can play what is playing on the home cinema setup to the dining room. Or you can play completely different in each room.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
of course this is assuming analog/digital input used into the Home Cinema and analog out of home cinema into the Sonos Connect (to be able to hear the Home Cinema sound in dining room).
Yes, you would use the Connect to connect to your amp via (usually) the tape in (RCA) jacks. Or perhaps some other connector of your choosing. Then the amp would play whatever Sonos stream you wanted, either together with your dining room, or completely separately.
Badge
Excellent... it will sound amazing with both systems running together!! Thanks.
A word of warning. Sonos plays in sync at the outputs of the grouped players. A good many users have wired a CONNECT to their HT receiver and found that it added delay to the sound downstream of the CONNECT, because of digital processing in the receiver which they couldn't disable. Sonos can do nothing about this if it upsets the group sync.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
A lot of times you have to find dsp mode on the receiver called direct mode or stereo mode to get the least amount of processing to keep audio in sync.
Badge
Amp has a 'straight mode' I can also use lipsynnc time delay??
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Straight mode should do the trick
Straight mode could restrict the sound to the L & R front channels.