Question

Compatible with Google Home?

• 14 December 2016
  • 1 reply

I am thinking about getting out two teenagers the Sonos Play 1 for their bedrooms. We have one child without a smartphone and are wondering if there is someway to link Google Home through the Chromecast or any other option that would give him voice control over the device? I keep hearing that Amazon will be available first but the expectation is that Google will become superior to Amazon for functionality. Thought? I need to know if there is a way to make this work or if I am stuck going to the Amazon or Google speakers that aren't getting good sound reviews at all. We have Sonos in other rooms and we love them!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I don't know which will become superior Google or Amazon. That's for the market to decide.

Sonos has announced Amazon echo support. That may lead to Google support down the road but I would not purchase assuming anything. Amazon support shoud be first quarter this coming year.