ceiling speakers not working (connected to amp)

Hi all
We installed a Sonus sytem when we built our house 6 years ago.
Installed ceiling speakers in 5 rooms (incl outdoor), hardwired to an amplifier
Recently, 2 of the 5 rooms will not play music.
They are visable, the lights on the controllers appear normal, but not music at all
Thoughts?
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you submit a diagnostic and post the number in this thread?
Hi UKMedia
Thanks for your reply and interest..I did mean to post this earlier
The diagnostic confirmed is 812064591
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, jotbag. Thanks for sharing your diagnostic report. I noticed that all of your Connects are exhibiting signs of electronic physical errors. This usually points to the immediate surroundings of the units themselves, specifically, we are looking to create 3" - 6" space between the Connects and any other larger electronic devices. By chance, are your Connects in an A/V closet with other gear for the house? Would you mind describing the surrounding area around these units? Thanks!
Hi Keith N
Thanks very much for your reply
Interesting. Yes the connects are all in close proximity...as they have been for 5 years and working fine!...I attach a photo showing the configuration. The wiring connecting the 5 connects to the amp runs behind the wall....so it will be difficult to change this set up easily. Grateful for any suggestions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the photo, jotbag. Not many people know this but the WiFi antenna for the Connect is located towards the bottom of the unit (by the feet). That being said, what zones are the two top units responsible for? Are these Connects responsible for the rooms that are missing? Much appreciated!
Thanks Keith N
Interesting! In answer to your question, the middle top Connect and the stand alone Connect (on the far right in the photo) are responsible for the non-responsive zones. Not sure if that helps?
Are you thinking that the config as shown is not suitable? Is there a procedure I can try to 'reset' the system or remove interference in any way?
Grateful for your interest and support
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, jotbag. Apologies for disappearing for a moment. The interference is environmental which means that a reset will not clear the interference. In turn, this usually means that something else had to have been introduced to the surroundings. Is there anything directly behind the units like a power strip? I've seen a few instances where no new devices were introduced but power strips were moved and caused localized electronic interference.

I really appreciate your patience while we have dug into this so far. Out of respect for your time, it might be best to give our support technicians a call. They can give you the same level of expertise and insight and it wouldn't be as delayed.
Thanks Keith N
I will follow up with Sonos Technicians as you suggest
Appreciate your assistance
Do you have enough wire to relocate the top two units out front a bit or even out front and to the side to see if activity resumes?
Badge
I’m seeing the same issue unfortunately - I’ve moved the connect box accordingly but still no sound from the wired speakers and connected (WiFi) sub

Diagnostic info submitted under confirmation number 1139491147

Help very welcomed