Answered

Cannot factory reset Connect

• 13 July 2022
  • 5 replies

I have an old Sonos Connect device, and am trying to put together a “new” system after moving to a new house. The first few devices had to be factory reset in order for the app to detect them, but are currently up and running fine.

I cannot factory reset the Connect. I have held down the mute button for at least a minute after reconnecting the power. A solid white light comes on for about 4 seconds, but nothing else ever happens. I don’t get anything amber. I don’t get solid; I don’t get flashing; I don’t get green. The white light doesn’t even come back on.

Is this device now just a doorstop?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 July 2022, 17:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Inability to factory reset does usually suggest a hardware fault.

Probably worth a call to Sonos to confirm, and investigate your options. 

“It’s dead, Jim.”  My only real option is to use the upgrade plan to get 30% off something new.

“It’s dead, Jim.”  My only real option is to use the upgrade plan to get 30% off something new.

Last time I looked (long time ago) there were some attractive bundles you could apply the discount to. But it's not really a bargain if you don't really want it.

If its really old, try this Factory Reset variant.