Question

Can we get our Play:X speakers to show up in Google Cast?

• 1 November 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge
I love my Sonos speakers and I use them exclusively as Google Cast devices. I love the fact that I can "Cast" to my Sonos right from Cast enabled apps. One thing that's missing however is that the speakers don't show up in the Google Cast app.

Why is this a problem? Because the Google Cast app allows for creating arbitrary groupings of devices that persist until you delete them. This seems to be a much requested feature that doesn't seem to be getting much traction. Also, if it shows up in the Cast App, we'll be able to dictate a cast via the Google Assistant (Pixel or Google Home).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos units are not google cast units so are not going to show up in google casting. Don't know that we will ever see that.

Your going to need to do your grouping in the Sonos app. Now - grouping presets has been asked for within sonos for a long time. So far haven't seen any indication Sonos is going to do it though.