Question

Can’t get Port to play through existing ceiling speakers, suddenly

• 3 February 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a Port, which I use to connect my turntable. I then route the Port into my AV2 input on my receiver. In the past, I have been able to play a record into my ceiling speakers, and also two paired One’s in my office. However, I got the Beam, which is linked to my TV, and ever since, I can’t get my records to play through the Port, to my ceiling speakers. 

My TV is HDMI ARC wired straight into the Beam. And when I try to play a record through to the ceiling, I make sure my received input is set to AV2. I can still play the record through the port to any of my Sonos speakers. 

Did I throw something off by adding the Beam? Am I missing an important step? Welcoming any ideas. Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Samojoka, welcome to the Sonos community!

As you're still able to play the Turntable through your Sonos system, we can be sure there's no issue with the link between the turntable and the Port - is it possible that when the Beam was getting hooked up, any cables leading between the Port and receiver, or between the receiver and you ceiling speakers were disconnected or bumped?

Just to confirm, if you select another music source (such as TuneIn or Sonos Radio) via the Sonos app to play on the Port, are you still unable to get that playing through the ceiling speakers?