Question

Can't connect "Connect" or find fixes in "settings" on app

• 9 August 2020
  • 1 reply

I recently moved to a new house.  I reconnected my speakers and systems and app to the new WIFI network.  I have been able to play my music on the Sonos Speaker through the app.  However, I have not  been able to play my music through my amplifier which is connected (and correctly plugged in) to my Sonos Connect.  The Sonos instruction manual and articles says to go to “settings” and select “add a player”on my handheld controller.  There is no such option on the settings menu on my iOS connected app.  Nor am I able to “add a room” from the “rooms” setting.  The Sonos Connect is plugged in and shows a continuous white light.  I have followed all the advice in the articles such as unplugging the devices and reconnecting them.  Any thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @HTA500.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Since you just move in, can you try to hardwire temporarily the Sonos connect thru your router or modem?

Then select again find missing products.

If the device appears back again, you need to set up the speaker wirelessly again Go to Settings » System » Network » Wireless Setup.

How many Sonos products do you have?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.