Answered

Can Sonos Port AirPlay the Input signal OUT to AppleTV/HomePod & AirpPlay 2 speakers?

• 10 March 2020
  • 2 replies

I have the Sonos Port with a turntable and I would like to stream the turntable to my One SL’s and Apple TV and other AirPlay2 Speakers (Libratone Zipp), but I do not see that this is possible - am I missing something? All I can do is stream to Sonos speakers from the Sonos Port.

Is there even such a device in existence that can take an analogue input and then output that signal to AirPLay 2 speakers? I do get that an iPad/iPhone can AirPlay out to certain Sonos devices - and I CAN stream audio from my Apple TV to the Sonos One SL’s. therefore making those Sonos devices considered “AIrPlay 2 compatible”, but I think I’m looking for something that doesn’t exist. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 March 2020, 20:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No, all applicable Sonos speakers are AirPort 2 receivers. They are not capable of ‘sending’ an Airport 2 signal. They can share the received signal via the Sonos system, just not create an outgoing signal via AirPort 2. 

And further, I agree, I’ve never seen a device that can accept and then retransmit an AirPort 2 signal.