Question

Can I wire 4 stereo-input speakers to one Connect:Amp?

• 15 April 2013
  • 4 replies

Hello, I'm creating zones in a new house I'm building and need some clarification. I understand that I can wire 4 speakers (8 ohms each) to 1 Connect:Amp, but typically this would be 2 left-channel speakers and 2 right-channel speakers. Can I still connect 4 speakers to the Connect:Amp if each speaker is a stereo (2 channel) speaker? Each speaker will have inputs for both the left and right channels, playing both channels through one speaker. Each speaker will still be just 8 ohms, but back at the Connect:Amp there will be 4 wires on each post instead of just 2. Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Jeff, This should be just fine, could you please give me the exact reference of the speakers for a confirmation?
Hi - I am in the same situation however planning to use 4 x 6 ohm speakers (Monitor Audio CT180 T2). Presumably I will need impedance matching like that contained in the QED SS50 5-WAY TRANSMATCH speaker switch in order not to over-drive the Connect amp?  Thanks for your help. 
Badge +1
Are they wired in parallel or series
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Dice23. If you are having an issue, you may be best off starting a new topic. This thread is very old- the users last posted over 4 years ago. Many thanks.