Answered

Can I use a Connect to stream an audio source (TV for example) to my tablet?

• 27 January 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge
I was wondering if I can use a Connect to stream an audio source (TV for example) to my tablet? The goal is to use either wired or Bluetooth headphones to listen to the audio source. This would allow our older guests to listen without an excessive TV volume.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
icon

Best answer by Paulw123 28 January 2016, 10:37

You could use wireless headphones from tv, or connect. Connect option would let you control volume, source from sonos if that's what you wanted.
View original

5 replies

No. The Sonos app is a controller, not a media player.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
You could use wireless headphones from tv, or connect. Connect option would let you control volume, source from sonos if that's what you wanted.
Badge
Thank you both for your responses and I am looking into a wireless headphone system which supports more than a single transmitter/headphone pair. I found some options in that arena online, but there are some drawbacks. Maybe Sonos can develop something which integrates into the system for those occasions when you want private listening as you wander around your home or late at night.

Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
senheiser 175 have optical input, from connect, which members on here have used.
http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/rs-series
Badge
Thanks for the suggestion, as it turns out, that is the exact system I was considering purchasing along with a couple of accessory headphones. Good to know I was on the right path.