Answered

Can I connect YAMAHA RX-VX85 as a FM tuner to AMP and SONOS system?

• 21 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Is it possible to connect YAMAHA RX-VX85 to Sonos AMP just as a FM radio source? There are no speakers connected to YAMAHA RX-VX85. Just the SONOS AMP, 4 IN-Ceilling Speakers, SUB and soundbar.

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 21 April 2022, 13:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Most FM stations are going to be available through tune in, iheart radio, or other streaming service. I would look up the website for the station you want to hear to find out how to access them.

The amp does have an aux input, but it is not active if your amp is bonded to the soundbar for surround sound duty. So if the amp is it's own separate room, and your receiver has output,  then you can play content from your receiver on Sonos. But that is not the best way to hear your radio stations

Most FM stations are going to be available through tune in, iheart radio, or other streaming service. I would look up the website for the station you want to hear to find out how to access them.

The amp does have an aux input, but it is not active if your amp is bonded to the soundbar for surround sound duty. So if the amp is it's own separate room, and your receiver has output,  then you can play content from your receiver on Sonos. But that is not the best way to hear your radio stations

So when the sound bar is off Yamaha on aux input will work?

So when the sound bar is off Yamaha on aux input will work?

The soundbar being on or off,  assuming you mean playing audio or not, is not relevant.  If your  amp is bonded to the soundbar to play surround with the soundbar, you cannot use the aux input.  if your amp is setup as it’s own Sonos room, completely separate than the soundbar, then you can use the aux input.

Reading this may clear up some confusion.