Answered

Can I connect headphones directly to the analog out of a CONNECT?

• 24 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
  • Virtuoso
  • 1873 replies
Could someone confirm whether I can connect regular wired headphones to the analog out of a CONNECT (using a suitable RCA to headphone cord adaptor)? I.e., that I don't need to interpose some kind of headphone amp.

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 25 October 2017, 00:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I do that with my headphones while using the digital output to connect to my amp. I've used several different brands of headphones and been happy with the volume levels on all of them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I do that with my headphones while using the digital output to connect to my amp. I've used several different brands of headphones and been happy with the volume levels on all of them.

Great. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I would think that since the Connect has a line-level output, some kind of headphone amp would be needed if you're hooking up headphones to it... but maybe that's not the case. It may also depend on your headphones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I would think that since the Connect has a line-level output, some kind of headphone amp would be needed if you're hooking up headphones to it... but maybe that's not the case. It may also depend on your headphones.

I'll try it out -- with my Audio Technica ATH-M50x headphones.

In the first instance, I'm mostly concerned that I'm not going to break anything due to electrical mismatches. (I'm a pretty good computer scientist, but not such a good EE!)
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Great -- works perfectly. More than enough power to drive the AT headphones.