Question

Can I connect 2 Android mobiles to 1 Sonos Playbar?

• 13 October 2016
  • 3 replies

I've successfully set up my new Sonos playbar with my Android (Samsung Phone). My partner also wants to use the playbar but when I tried to re-run the Sonos app on the second phone it wasn't set up successfully. Does anyone know how to set up 2 phones to use the same Sonos device?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17
Does anyone know how to set up 2 phones to use the same Sonos device?
Just download the app on the second phone, run the app and make it connect to the Sonos system it finds.
It isn't much different from setting up the first phone. And both phones will work in the same way, as masters capable of overriding the other.
Where does the process come to a halt when you install the app and open it on the second device?
Thanks for your assistance - working now - user error 😉 I chose "set up a new system" instead of choosing "connect to an existing system". It literally took a second once I chose the second option and works perfectly.

Thanks again!