Answered

bridge vs boost vs port

• 30 April 2021
  • 2 replies

I currently have a bridge (8-9 years old) needed for outdoor speakers. It’s my only component that operates under the S1 app and, ideally, I would like all components under S2 now. What is the appropriate piece to buy...a port or boost? I’m assuming port but I’m not finding the answers I need. Or is there another option? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 April 2021, 04:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The BOOST is the replacement for the BRIDGE. The Port is the replacement of the CONNECT. If you’re just trying to create a SonosNet signal for your speakers to connect to, a BOOST is more appropriate. Or, you could just wire to another speaker (non surround or Sub), and it would also create the SonosNet signal. 

Now I’m doubting myself and think it might be a CONNECT hooked up to my indoor receiver. I will look when I get to work tomorrow and buy the appropriate piece. Being outdoor (non SONOS speakers), I don’t see a way to just wire to another speaker so that option is out.

Thanks for your help!