Answered

Bridge Replacement

• 21 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I currently have a Play:Bar, Sub and two One:SL’s set up for my surround sound experience on my TV. I have a bridge connected as well (off the top of my head I’m not sure where or how).

I’ve just received an email stating that this is now a legacy product as of May 2020 and will no longer be supported.

I have two questions:

Do I need this in my setup or can I run the surround sound experience without it?

What if anything is a suitable replacement?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 January 2020, 18:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The BRIDGE is essentially unnecessary at this point. You can choose to connect an Ethernet cable to your PLAYBAR, or just enter in your 2.4 GHz b/g WiFi account info into the Sonos controller, and have your system connect directly to the wireless signal, and then remove the BRIDGE. 

Oh, if you prefer, the replacement device for the BRIDGE is the BOOST.

Perfect, thanks. I will try without the bridge to start with. At least that means the rest of the system will receive updates as and when. 

if I need to buy a boost I can add that at a later stage.

The BRIDGE is essentially unnecessary at this point. You can choose to connect an Ethernet cable to your PLAYBAR, or just enter in your 2.4 GHz b/g WiFi account info into the Sonos controller, and have your system connect directly to the wireless signal, and then remove the BRIDGE. 

What Sonos controller are you referring to? Is it the app on any device?

What Sonos controller are you referring to? Is it the app on any device?

From: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3209?language=en_US

Changing your system from a wired to a wireless setup

If you would prefer to have your Sonos system connect over your home’s WiFi network, it is possible to switch from a wired to a wireless setup.

On iOS or Android: From the Settings tab, tap System > Network > Wireless Setup.

During the Wireless Setup, you will be prompted to enter the password for your home’s WiFi network. At the end of the process, you will be instructed to unplug the Ethernet cable that connects your Sonos product and router.