Answered

Bridge power supply

• 28 December 2017
  • 7 replies

Will the power cable on the web site for the Sonos Boost also work for the Sonos Bridge???
icon

Best answer by Keith N 29 December 2017, 21:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Kevint. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. No, they are different and will not work interchangeably. Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I saw several advertised as compatible on ebay for good prices, you might find an original there too.

Is this the one you need?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bridge-Player-replacement-supply-adaptor/dp/B0087SVBKA
Many thanks for the replies, I ordered that same adaptor off Amazon yesterday so i'm all sorted now.
Badge
My bridge power supply has just died but I have a spare 5V adaptor with a USB socket. I just want to be sure that I order the correct cable. Is it a Type M or Type N barrel that I need please?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I can't tell you which plug but just want to make sure your USB power supply is compatible. It is exactly 5.0 Volts and 2.0 Amps or more? Variable or wrong Voltages or too few Amps will lead to problems.
My bridge power supply has just died but I have a spare 5V adaptor with a USB socket. I just want to be sure that I order the correct cable. Is it a Type M or Type N barrel that I need please?
For a few quid/Euros more you can buy a complete PSU compatible with the Bridge.
Badge
Thanks for the replies. My spare adaptor is a 5V, 2.0A and is a reliable brand so i would prefer to get use out of it by just buying a cable. I have now measured the socket on the old power supply and it looks like it has an internal diameter of 2.1mm and an outside diameter of 5.5mm which would make it a Type M barrel.