Question

Bose Cinemate II - can I use Connect to add all 3 speakers (incl. sub) to Sonos?

Can I use Connect to use my Bose Cinemate II system speakers (includes 2 speakers and a sub)? I ask because the FAQs suggest it can only connect 2 speakers (and mine has... well 3 including the sub).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You can use a Connect to hook to the input of the Bose Cinemate II and you will be able to play all Sonos music through your Bose Cinemate.

You can also feed your TV into the Connect to allow playing your TV sound to all Sonos Speakers.
Thanks Chris, really appreciate the advice and swift response.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Your welcome Jonathan - if you have any setup issues just ask.
I am having trouble setting it up...Please help
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You Cinemate should have a cable for the Line In that has a box at the end to allow digital optical or RCA (red white) input.   Hook from the Sonos Connect to that box (with from the digital optical out port of the Sonos Connect or the red/white output from the connect.

That will allow you to play Sonos music on the Bose system.

Now - if you have another device that you would like to play to all Sonos speakers (lets say TV for example).  Plug the TV red/white audio out into the Connect audio input.

This will allow all Sonos speakers in your home to play that audio (TV in this example).  It will also allow you to play that device to the Bose (as it is essentially a Sonos speaker too at that point).

If you still want to connect your TV via optical.  You can connect your TV to the optical input of the Bose and the Sonos to the Analog input.  When your TV is on it will send via optical and the Bose will play TV sound.  If you want to play Sonos music in this case you would turn your TV off (de-activating the digital input) and then the Bose should play from the optical input (which is the Sonos).  So if you hook your TV via optical cable still to the Bose you can't have your TV on when wanting to play Sonos music.
I can't get mine to work...is it because I bought a Connect Amp and should have only bought a connect?  All other speakers are working.  Can you please help me?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Connext amp only has speaker level powered output. You got thenwrong unit. Get a connect.

Now - if you have another device that you would like to play to all Sonos speakers (lets say TV for example).  Plug the TV red/white audio out into the Connect audio input.
This will allow all Sonos speakers in your home to play that audio (TV in this example).  It will also allow you to play that device to the Bose (as it is essentially a Sonos speaker too at that point).
If you still want to connect your TV via optical.  You can connect your TV to the optical input of the Bose and the Sonos to the Analog input.  When your TV is on it will send via optical and the Bose will play TV sound.  If you want to play Sonos music in this case you would turn your TV off (de-activating the digital input) and then the Bose should play from the optical input (which is the Sonos).  So if you hook your TV via optical cable still to the Bose you can't have your TV on when wanting to play Sonos music.

Is there a way to connect the TV to the SONOS system so when I'm watching music videos I can have the sound (from the TV) playing through out the SONOS system in the rest of the house (or whichever rooms)?
We just purchased the Connect and Play:1 & Play:3 speakers and set them up with our Bose Cinemate II theater system and it's AWESOME! Now just want to get the TV pipped through the SONOS system too.
I tried Plug the TV red/white audio out into the Connect audio input, it didn't work. I looked at the back of the TV and it looks like I only have Optical OUT, which I unplugged (no go). Then I tried using it via optical between SONOS [optical out] and Bose [optical in] (no go). I tried NO optical and using just analog (red & white) from TV to SONOS and between SONOS and Bose, no go (that's when I looked at back of TV and did not see an Audio out).
I've got everything set up per your instructions above now: TV optical to Bose, red & white audio Out from SONOS to audio IN on Bose, but I still don't get the TV sound on any of the SONOS speakers, just the Bose system. I get music on the SONOS speakers when I turn the TV off, no problem. Just no TV sound from the SONOS speakers....Is it a wrong setting on the App maybe? I'm selecting the 'Line-In' from the menu, but nothing happens.
😞
Think about it, if you plug an OUTput from Sonos into an INput on the Bose or tv, how will that allow the Sonos to take audio IN?

You need it the other way around, take an output from the tv or Bose into the input on the Connect and then you send that audio to your other Sonos devices. Note that the Connect only has an analogue input (the red and white), it does not have an optical input. It's also very likely that your TV doesn't have an analogue output, most newer TVs have dropped that connection in favour of an optical output.
I have this exact system for watching TV. I understand what I'd have to do in terms of connecting this in order to sync with SONOS, based off of what Chris said before.

Here's my question: After hooking this up like Chris explained above, would I be able to add two Play:1s in order to create the 5.1 effect? I understand how my Bose would sync with my SONOS music via the Connect, but will it know that I want two P1s to work with my Bose Cinemate for Home Theater?
I have a Cinemate II connected to a connect amp. I am not getting any sound when it’s connected with rca plugs. Is there any options to get this to work? I needed the amp so I can connect to outdoor speakers so just the connect is not an option
The RCA plugs on the Connect:Amp are inputs, not outputs. The Connect:Amp does not have line-level or digital outputs.