Question

Bose 901 speakers and CONNECT:AMP

• 21 December 2013
  • 3 replies

Is there a way to use the Bose 901 speaker active equalizer with the Sonos CONNECT:AMP? I can see no way to integrate it into the system. If not, I pretty much purchased a $500 CONNECT:AMP brick from Sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I just got off the phone with Sonos technical support. They confirmed that the Active Equalizer component of the Bose 901 speaker system is incompatible with the CONNECT:AMP. Oh well, at least they have a good return policy.
Badge
I have a pair of 901s and have been thinking of restoring the foam or gutting them out and placing the new Play 5 speakers in them, I love the way the 901s look, just up in the air on what I want to do. Now that I know they are not compatible I just may retro fit them with the Play 5s.
I know it seems tattoo, but I connected my 901's directly to the Sonos Amp (without the EQ) and they sound pretty darn good. I have the 5's sitting on top of the 901's. the 5's have a deeper base. Its probably not good for the 901's but otherwise they would sit there just looking pretty with no sound.... At least I can here sound through them again....