Question

Bose 3·2·1® GS home entertainment system with Connect AMP/Connect

• 28 November 2016
  • 3 replies

I have an old Bose 3·2·1® GS home entertainment system and would like to use the speakers with my Play 5. Does anyone know if I can use the speakers that came with this system with a Connect AMP/Connect? My current set-up includes Play 5, using a Boost.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You couldn't use those speakers as is. They have proprietary connections via the Acoustimass module.

I don't know whether butchering the Acoustimass interconnect cable would allow you to expose wires suitable for connection to Sonos. It's the all-too-familiar story of proprietary Bose kit....
You couldn't use those speakers as is. They have proprietary connections via the Acoustimass module.

I don't know whether butchering the Acoustimass interconnect cable would allow you to expose wires suitable for connection to Sonos. It's the all-too-familiar story of proprietary Bose kit....

I hear what you are saying about the propriety Bose kit...but from what I see on my system, there are three possible output connections on the media center ( I think this is what you are calling the "Accousticsmass"), which is how the Bose speakers are connected:

1. Analog ( through the analog right and left jacks)

2. Digital coax (through the digital coax jack); or

3. Digital optical (through the Optical jack)

So my question is, would this work with the Connect AMP or Connect?
I suspect I was looking at the incorrect user guide (GS series II vs GS) but it makes little difference if, as you asked, you simply wanted to re-use the existing speakers.

If you want to re-use the media center as well then, yes, you could hook a CONNECT to one of its inputs. This would then play in sync with the PLAY:5, so long as the Bose electronics didn't insert any delay into the signal.