Question

Borrowing Sonos

• 5 October 2016
  • 30 replies

Badge
Hi, I borrowed sonos from a friend to use at my party. I cannot connect the speakers using my internet password. Is it even possible for me to connect to sonos using my Wi-Fi connection?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

If one works, they both should. Isn't it showing up in your controller? How is the original speaker connected? Wire to your router? Is that the one that is working? If so, restart the other one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Wiring a single one to your router will bring up Sonosnet that will then have all the speakers talking direct to each other. Then you should get all of them to come up. Once they are all up if you want to unplug the one hooked to your router go into settings...advanced...wireless setup. Setup your wifi info. After that it will tell you you can unplug the one from your router (most of us prefer keeping one unit hooked to router though for the advantage of Sonosnet).
Badge
Hi again,
The reason why I think the bigger speaker isn't working (not sure what it's called , but it's a big and rectangular speaker) is because the instructions say to push the plus and play button above. Well, there is no play button on that speaker. Instead, there is a speaker icon with a line going across....
Badge
I did it! I did it! I did it!!!!! I'm ready for the party!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yea you have an older play:5. It used to have mute symbol on button and they changed it to a play pause button. But it's the same button.