Answered

boost not seen by system

• 13 January 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a boost in my system. It used to be seen but since a few day not anymore. I tried to connect but after several time I gave up. Also after reset of the boost it didn’t connect any more. Please give advice .

thx in advance 

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 14 January 2020, 04:23

Boosts don’t usually have problems. I’d start with making sure it is seeing good power, not only yhe line cord but the DC plug from the power supply.

Second place to check is an iffy Ethernet connection, either a loose connector (either end) or a failed cable.

If it is none of them directly contact Sonos support to see if they have any other suggestions or you need a replacement Boost. The contact page has some 24x7 options.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Boosts don’t usually have problems. I’d start with making sure it is seeing good power, not only yhe line cord but the DC plug from the power supply.

Second place to check is an iffy Ethernet connection, either a loose connector (either end) or a failed cable.

If it is none of them directly contact Sonos support to see if they have any other suggestions or you need a replacement Boost. The contact page has some 24x7 options.

Stanley, thx for your response. I replaced the Ethernet cable and the result was that the whole system is working again. Simple as that.

best regards erik 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Ethernet cables go bad so infrequently they are rarely suspected in this kind of situation but every once in a while it turns out to be the right answer. :-)