Bluetooth connectivity through phone/device with app update

• 12 February 2018
  • 1 reply

We all love the sound quality of the Sonos products. However when the kids go to bed it could be great to group the audio from my Sonos Playbar to my Bluetooth headphones to watch a movie at the volume I would like.

This could be done with an app update to expand grouping to include the iPhone or whatever device being used with the Sonos app and connect the headphones to the phone. Essentially using the phones Bluetooth to connect to the Sonos network via the Sonos app.

I’m sure a more simplified was of doing the same thing could be done through the app with user friendly options/selections that could be created.

As an accessibility feature this could allow those with hearing loss to wear Bluetooth headphones and watch at their own volume while the others in the room can use the Sonos Playbar.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

This would be a super addition that would make Sonos even better. We love the audio quality but sometimes when the kids are asleep we can’t use it to its fullest. Would be brilliant to either allow Bluetooth connectivity or to be able to play sound through the app on your phone.