Best way to play music from turntable in one room through Sonos Connect in different room

• 12 November 2021
  • 1 reply

• Contributor II
  • 3 replies

Hi,

My son’s bedroom has ceiling speakers which are wired back to an amplifier in the living room. We currently have a Sonos Connect connected to the amplifier which he uses to stream music to listen via his ceiling speakers. He is now keen to get a turntable, and I’m thinking the best thing to do would be to get a 2nd Sonos Connect, wire that up to the turntable in his bedroom and group it with the Connect in the living room so that the audio comes out of the speakers in his ceiling.

Would that work? Would it matter that the Connect in his bedroom would have an input (the turntable) but no output? I guess the other option would be to get him a 2nd hand Play 5, but it seems a shame not to make use of his ceiling speakers. 

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

What you suggest would work. But are the bedroom ceiling speakers currently the only speakers running off the living room Connect + amplifier?