Answered

Behaviour of the Sonos Amp connecting LineIn AND HDMI

• 16 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I am considering to add the Sonos Amp to my setup, but I´ve got some questions:

Lets say I connect my PC to it using the ARC port (via optical) and my laptop using LineIn. I would love to set up so that a signal from the ARC input auto-plays on the connected passive speakers, while a LineIn input auto-plays to another speaker. This never happens at the same time, but I don´t want to change the autoplay setting every time using it for the other input/player-combination. Is there a way to set this up?

Adding another port to my setup for the LineIn part would solve my problem, but I am trying to prevent this.

Thank you for your help and have a nice weekend :D

Kind regards,

Max

icon

Best answer by ratty 16 October 2021, 13:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

This should be feasible.

The TV input can be set to Autoplay, but only on the Amp itself (and any grouped rooms).

The Line-In input however can be set to Autoplay to any room. 

Thank you for your answer. So basically, I can setup autoplay for the Line-In to any room and simultaneosly have an autoplay function for the arc-input to the Amp itself?

Thank you for your answer. So basically, I can setup autoplay for the Line-In to any room and simultaneosly have an autoplay function for the arc-input to the Amp itself?

Correct.