Automatically Turn on Receiver

• 13 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Looking for a solution to automatically turn on my Denon AVR-X3200Wwhen the Sonos Port starts playing.  

My AVR has a 12v trigger out (which isn’t what I want) and a remote IR In/Out.

The Port only sends a 12V “On” signal, as I understand it, so the IR In wouldn’t work either. 

Are there any other options?  I tried setting up something through IFTTT utilizing my harmony remote but the Sonos IFTTT doesn’t work as a trigger.  

Has anyone gotten something to work?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @theGeek

If the Dennon doesn’t have a 12 trigger in (and it doesn’t, I looked) I’m not entirely sure what your options would be for a third party option to get this started automatically.

Hopefully some of our friendly community regulars will have some useful advice.  

My solution was to use a smart power strip.  Plug the sonos into the control outlet.  Once the power strip senses that the Sonos powers on it turns on any other electronics plugged into the the strip as controlled outlet (I.e receiver) Once my sonos powers down automatically, the power strip will automatically cut power to the controlled outlet (receiver).  You can find different ones online but the smart strip brand works well for me.