Question

Audio Dropout from Connect

• 10 November 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge
I added a Connect and Flexson turntable to my long-established Sonos system (with Bridge) yesterday and am having problems with audio dropouts.

I've read plenty of threads on changing both router and sonos channels, trying compression etc and the problem persists.

If a Staff member could be so kind as to take a look at Diagnostic 6733790 to give me a clue about where to look that would be great. Thanks 🙂

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge
Same here - only dropouts on my system are when playing the turntable (in uncompressed setting via Sonosnet, not wifi) - on a regular basis, if I listen for an evening there will be a minimum of 1-2 dropouts every time. Thought this would clear up once I upgraded my home internet to the top speed package offered by my local provider, but alas...

If you hear of a magic bullet, please post back here!

Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
When using the line-in you can adjust the "line level" in the settings. Perhaps it is turned down too low causing the input to turn off?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I added a Connect and Flexson turntable to my long-established Sonos system (with Bridge) yesterday and am having problems with audio dropouts.

I've read plenty of threads on changing both router and sonos channels, trying compression etc and the problem persists.

If a Staff member could be so kind as to take a look at Diagnostic 6733790 to give me a clue about where to look that would be great. Thanks :)

Hi DaveK67,

There's some wireless interference showing up, particularly on your Kitchen unit. This is causing communication errors between your components which is likely the reason for the audio interruptions. Please look around and in between your Sonos units for any third party wireless devices which could be causing interference. Common sources of interference include cordless phones (especially DECT phones), wireless baby monitors, wireless cameras, wireless TVs and wireless printers. Try moving any such device away from your Sonos units and see if things improve.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same here - only dropouts on my system are when playing the turntable (in uncompressed setting via Sonosnet, not wifi) - on a regular basis, if I listen for an evening there will be a minimum of 1-2 dropouts every time. Thought this would clear up once I upgraded my home internet to the top speed package offered by my local provider, but alas...

If you hear of a magic bullet, please post back here!

Thanks

Hi Smansmith,

Please send in a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number, i'll take a look for you.