Answered

Apple TV connected to Samsung frame not playing to sonos amp

• 18 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all

I just got my new sonos amp connected to my in wall speakers, and I’m having trouble getting a connection from my TV.   I have it set up on my Samsung Frame 2019 via sonos optical adapter (eARC not supported with this TV model).  I have gotten confirmation from the sonos amp that my TV is setup and heard a confirmation sound that the sonos amp is connected to TV.  However, when I play the TV, I have no sound coming from it.  I installed Netflix directly on the tv not through Apple TV to test outside of Apple TV, and no sound from sonos. 

To be clear, the speakers works and I stream audio from my phone to them successfully.

The Apple TV is connected to HDMI 1 and sonos amp on optical input.

Any ideas why I'm not hearing anything from my sonos amp connected to my TV?

Thanks for your help!  Looking forward to having this working.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 18 December 2021, 05:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Under the Apple TV audio settings, be sure to set Change Format to On and set the New Format to Dolby Digital 5.1.

Unfortunately, that didn't work.

Seems to be how the TV talks to the amp.

Any other ideas?

Userlevel 7

Try setting New Format to Stereo instead.

In your TV audio settings, set Digital Output Audio Format and HDMI Input Audio Format to PCM. Also make sure Sound Output is set to Audio Out/Optical.