Any other v8.4 users out there in the UK

• 29 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’ve frozen my system at V8.4 as have a few others.  We are all aware that this means there is no possibility of adding new components to our systems without creating a new separate parallel system.

However I believe it would be possible for us to use each others equipment, so if there is anyone else out there with a v8.4 system who wants to move on and enter Sonos brave new world and get rid of their legacy v8.4 kit in the UK I would be interested so please PM me.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi.  I am not sure this is possible.  To transfer a product from one system to another normally requires a factory reset.  Once that is done, the component will require updating, which you won’t be able to do, except by connecting to the internet and updating to latest firmware, which you clearly don’t want to do.

I have no experience with a locked down system on an earlier software version, so maybe I’m mistaken - hopefully so.