Answered

AMP - line in playing to other speakers

• 27 May 2019
  • 7 replies

I am looking at a new AMP with outdoor speakers to add to my Sonos - I already have a couple of playbar surround systems set up and some One's around the house. I also have an old turn table that I would like to plug into the AMP.

My question is, can I play from the turntable to a different set of speakers in my setup? e.g. to one of the playbar surround systems without it also playing on the outdoor speakers attached to the AMP? Or will anything that I play through the input from the AMP always going to have to play on the speakers attached, as well as any others I select?

thanks
icon

Best answer by jgatie 28 May 2019, 15:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Yes, the line-in source can be played on any and all other Sonos rooms, and there is no need for it to be playing on the Amp. You can even play a different source on the Amp while playing the line-in on another device.
Hi I purchased an AMP went through set up process, hooked up speakers and no sound. The AMP is recognized in my "rooms", I can adjust volume in the room setting but no sound. Any help out there??? Today is our anniversary having a party and I need sound.
Disregard figured it out

How  would  you pc monitot  LG UK65027” to the sonos amp

Could you explain more about your question?

If you’re asking how I would connect the two, I wouldn’t.

From looking at the specs, the only audio output is a headphone jack. You could conceivably connect that to the analog input on the Sonos Amp, but then you’d have the 75ms delay that Sonos requires on all analog inputs, which would make gaming and movie watching unacceptable to me.

I’dgive strong consideration to speakers that are designed for computer use, not Sonos. However, if I already had the Sonos Amp, I’d find a way to get a video/sound card that puts out an HDMI-ARC signal, not just an HDMI signal, and connect that to the Amp. I’ve never seen such a video/audio card, but I haven’t really looked. There are much less expensive and easier ways to get good sound out of a computer system. 

Badge

I am looking at a new AMP with outdoor speakers to add to my Sonos - I already have a couple of playbar surround systems set up and some One's around the house. I also have an old turn table that I would like to plug into the AMP.

My question is, can I play from the turntable to a different set of speakers in my setup? e.g. to one of the playbar surround systems without it also playing on the outdoor speakers attached to the AMP? Or will anything that I play through the input from the AMP always going to have to play on the speakers attached, as well as any others I select?

thanks

When playing any source via the analog input, there is a 4s delay.