AMP future features?

• 12 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

First of all, I am pleased with AMP (non Connect) performance (and quality) driving B&W 803 series 3 and connected 3rd party SubWoofer.

But I noticed that SONOS is more focused on its ARC than recent other products.

So I wonder, if we as SONOS AMP customers are left in the dark on future features/support/etc...

Feature request;

• Phantom speaker, ability to manually focus center and or volume level.
  • Dolby Atmos (compressed) support over Dolby Digital +
  • AMP should be able with its memory and CPU power to wireless drive additional SONOS/Symfoniks as Atmos speakers.
  • Some Room calibration with non SONOS speakers, distance input, db level, etc…
  •  S1 on Play5 gen1 and AMP supported HiRES 24bit/48kHz FLAC's , S2 did not bring any additional HiRES support on AMP.
  • 24bit/192kHz FLAC support on AMP / S2

So I regret I did firmware/OS upgrade from S1 to S2 on AMP.

S2 did not bring any additional audio/quality support.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @₴Ø₦Ø₴.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for the feedback and feature request. We appreciate it a lot as these type of feature request helps us to know more about how to improve our products. I will be more than happy to send this to our engineering team as a feature request. I would suggest subscribing to our announcement topic for any feature release, feature updates, and bug fixes.

If you have any other questions, concerns, or feature requests, please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic. We highly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Like you I am pleased with my amp. It’s my favourite sonos device. 

Agree with all your points on additions. I’m resigned that we will likely only get the usually maintenance updates but I hope for the best that we will get new great features in the future. 

I agree, would be really good to have room calibration. Bring the truplay! Seeing that people can hack Ikea Sonos speakers with third party speakers and get excellent trueplay results with the third  party speakers seems to indicate that trueplay should work just fine. 

Badge

Hi there! I just came across this topic and I thought I would add my improvements.

As mentioned I love my Sonos Amp for a lot of reasons, it would be really amazing to be able to play uncompressed audio. I know that’s not possible on this device as it needs earc but why not a New Sonos Amp, and why not at least 1 HDMI input, that would be incredibly useful.

As an improvement of the existing one, the ability to play Dolby atoms tracks would be amazing, especially since you have in-ceiling speakers for sale.

I hope this gets considered, thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @ant0.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. We highly appreciate all feedback and requests as it helps us to improve our products. I would like to recommend creating a new topic so we can send it as a separate feature request to our engineering team.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,