Amp capability question

I currently have a Play 5 and a Move and was wondering the following:
Can I run an RCA stereo cable from my DJ mixer ‘master out’ into the Sonos Amp to incorporate my Sonos speakers into my home DJ set up?



Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 June 2021, 22:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, this should work. You could do it with a less expensive Sonos Port too.

Great, thanks. 
Any major differences between the Amp and Port or is it just a little extra functionality?

Userlevel 7

The main difference is the Amp is primarily used to power passive speakers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Just be aware that the Amp or Port will introduce a slight delay to the audio output, which can be less than ideal in a DJ/mixing environment.