Answered

Adding architectural speakers to existing Sonos system.

• 17 July 2020
  • 2 replies

I currently have 5 Sonos speakers throughout our house and I would like to add the in-ceiling architectural speakers to our kitchen that we’re about to renovate. Do I need to also add the Amp to the ceiling? And will these speakers sync with my other Sonos speakers and and be managed through the app?

Thanks for your advice!

icon

Best answer by Paul A 18 July 2020, 00:53

Hi @Reggiesmom.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I definitely agree with @Airgetlam. those architectural speakers are not the actual speakers that you are going to add to your existing Sonos system but the Sonos amp (acting on behalf of the architectural speakers) since the Sonos Amp is the actual device that powers, drives, provides audio, and controls those architectural speakers. Those architectural speakers have no difference than your traditional wired speakers. It’s the Sonos Amp that integrates the wired, non internet, and traditional speakers to the Sonos environment.

I hope everything is all good. 

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We will gladly help out.

Thanks,

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You’re not actually adding the Architectural speakers to your Sonos system, you’re adding the Sonos Amp which drives those extra speakers. And it acts the same as any other ’room’ in the Sonos software.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Reggiesmom.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I definitely agree with @Airgetlam. those architectural speakers are not the actual speakers that you are going to add to your existing Sonos system but the Sonos amp (acting on behalf of the architectural speakers) since the Sonos Amp is the actual device that powers, drives, provides audio, and controls those architectural speakers. Those architectural speakers have no difference than your traditional wired speakers. It’s the Sonos Amp that integrates the wired, non internet, and traditional speakers to the Sonos environment.

I hope everything is all good. 

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We will gladly help out.

Thanks,