Adding a sonos connect to my existing 7.1 system as a second zone on my amplifier

• 28 November 2017
  • 1 reply

I'm looking for advice to see if the sonos connect amp is the right choice for me. I am trying to add a second zone to my 7.1 home theater. If I add the sonos connect amplifier as a second zone from my home theater, then connect 2 speakers to the outside of the house, I should be able to listen to what is playing on the home theater outside; correct? This should be a one way only from theater to sonos connected speakers? If so, I can add a wireless speaker to that new sonos 2nd zone amp and choose which of the speakers to activate to listen to?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I'm not quite following your set up, but in general, you should be able to group any two zones together. So if your first zone is playing some audio (whether music or whatever is on your home theater), and you group your second zone to it, then it should mirror that audio out to your second zone.

For example, if I'm watching a football game and the audio is coming out of my Playbase, I can group my other speakers to it and the audio from the football game will be mirrored to all of my other zones.